Friday, February 14, 2014

Calling All Couples!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

In today's post I'm going to talk about something a bit more important than just mommy and outer beauty stuff...

Lets talk about love!!!

So, go grab your significant other, forward them this post, or post it to your Facebook wall in hopes that they'll read it and get the hint.  This post will definitely apply to both of you!

My husband and I met at my cousin's wedding, he was a guest and I was a bridesmaid!  We were married less than one year later!  I knew almost instantly that he was the man I would spend the rest of my life with; it took him a couple of weeks to figure it out-  I secretly (not so secretly now) love teasing him about it!  One of our favorite things that we have always done throughout our relationship was write each other love letters.  Or in most cases- love emails, text messages, and we've recently added Dry Erase Marker mirror notes into the mix.  Actual letters were saved for super special occasions :)  For almost a year now we do this regularly; practically daily!

I've come to realize that our constant communication about how much we love and appreciate each other is not exactly the norm for a lot of relationships.  It wasn't always our norm either!  We've all been guilty at one point or another of putting the "I love you" phrase on verbal auto-pilot.  But sometimes a grand gesture and pulling out all the "I love you" stops is not only wanted but needed.  And there aren't many (inexpensive) ways to do that- that can top a good ol' fashioned love letter!  So here are...


7 Steps to Writing a Perfect Love Letter!!!  

Be prepared to get all kinds of cheesy and sappy!  Go get a pen and some paper...



1.  Start off by stating the purpose of your letter!

You're going to want to let your significant other know right off the bat that this is a love letter and not a grocery list!


2.  Take a walk down memory lane and write about a romantic memory!

The awesome thing about being in a relationship is that you probably have tons of memories together- so conjure one up that made you fall in love with him/her (the first time, or all over again... it doesn't matter).  Be sure to write as many details about it as you can possibly remember and write whatever thoughts you remember having during the moment of that memory.  Make sure you mention that it's a reason why you love them!


3.  Transition by telling them how much you still love him/her!


4.  Tell them everything you love about them!  And I mean EVERYTHING!

Every person loves to hear all about the things you like, love, and appreciate about them.  Write everything- from character and personality traits to physical ones.  I suggest making a list on a another sheet of paper so then all you have to do is turn that list into sentences.

**NEWS FLASH** your significant other will never tire from hearing how much you love and respect them!  We all want to love and feel loved in return!  I know I do!


5.  Tell them how your life has changed since meeting them!

6.  Reaffirm your love and commitment!

7.  End with a line that sums up all the love you feel for him/her!



Here is a little bit of inspiration for ya!



Ernest Hemingway to Marlene Dietrich

"I can't say how every time I ever put my arms around you I felt that I was home."

Beethoven to his "Immortal Beloved"

"Though still in bed, my thoughts go out to you, my Immortal Beloved, Be calm- love me- today- yesterday- what tearful longings for you- you -you- my life- my all- farewell.  Oh continue to love me- never misjudge the most faithful heart of your beloved.  Ever thine.  Ever mine.  Ever ours."

George H. Bush to Barbara Bush

"This should be a very easy letter to write- words should come easily and in short it should be simple for me to tell you how desperately happy I was to open the paper and see the announcement of our engagement, but somehow I can't possibly say all in a letter I should like to.  I love you, precious, with all my heart and to know that you love me means my life.  How often I have thought about the immeasurable joy that will be ours some day.  How lucky our children will be to have a mother like you-"

Unknown

"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control."

Ronald Reagan to Nancy Reagan

"The important thing is I don't want to be without you for the next 20 years, or 40, or however many there are.  I gotten very used to being happy and I love you very much indeed."

Johnny Cash to June Carter Cash

"The fire and excitement may be gone now that we don't go out there and sing them anymore, but the ring of fire still burns around you and I, keeping our love hotter than a pepper sprout."


I didn't want to write too many specific phrasing suggestions because this letter should come from you, and be in your own words!  It doesn't matter if it is super eloquent and perfectly written, all that matters is that your heart is on that page!  Follow these steps and you will have a seriously awesome Love Day ;)  Enjoy!


Love,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment